If you had only 1 minute to take action to save the world from the environmental catastrophe that we are heading towards, what would your actions be? What would you be willing to give up on/sacrifice for the cause of saving flora & fauna, and perhaps even human beings?
1. Would you support a sustainable economy based on putting the global ecology before greedy capitalism?
2. Would you reduce or stop flying at all?
3. Would you be willing to stop driving a car, and start using other means of transport (cycling, public transport)?
4. Would you eat less meat? Become a vegetarian? Become a vegan?
5. Would you consume more biological, organic, and fair trade products? And, consume more local and seasonal food products?
6. Would you stop blaming governments, politicians and businesses for being responsible, and be willing to take personal responsibility for your consumption habits?
7. Would you agree that the era of fossil fuels has to be replaced with renewable energy sources as soon as possible, and support renewables by choosing to consume renewable energy sources rather than fossil fuels?
What else would you be willing to do?
Feel free to comment.
Anne-Maria Yritys, August 1st 2019